Friday, January 22, 2010

A Verse of Encouragement

Lately I have been feeling pretty weak physically and at times it can really wear on me. I know that there are plenty of people at Valley who are going through the sickness season, and there are many others who are experiencing affliction in various ways, perplexing times, and even persecution for standing up for Christ. So here is a verse to encourage you in the midst of your weakness.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us" (2 Cor 4:7).

The surpassing power of God is what gets us through each trial and hardship, and that power is not of own doing or striving. May God receive glory in our "inglorious" days. And may our minds and lips be full of praise to God for His surpassing power demonstrated in our weakness, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh (v. 11).

I'd love to be able to say, "I'd rather be sick and know the power of God, than to be healthy and feel like I don't need God's power." Unfortunately, I have a lot of maturing to go until I get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment